Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Westward Bound

Dear Friends,

It has been a wild 3-5 weeks for me and Landon. Packing up and moving our family across the pacific ocean because of a word we heard from the Lord has not been easy... but I don't remember God promising me or Landon that it would be when He asked us to do it. I also haven't heard the version of the story of when God spoke to Abraham and said, "Hey Abraham, move your family on foot across a desert to a destination I will show you years from now, oh and hey! Don't worry- It'll be easy." He asked us, we heard, we listened, and obeyed. I think that is all He requires of us isn't it? To be listening for Him and to obey Him when we do hear Him. I have been so encouraged by everyone, telling me how faithfully I have been following the Lord in what He has asked me to do... But the truth is- I am deathly afraid. ALL my hope is in Him and His quest to lead my life. He tells me to have faith and to lay all my burdens down but I sometimes find myself not letting go of my burdens because I want to have responsibility and a say about what happens in my life.

God comes to me in these moments and reminds me... You gave me your life when you were 5 years old- and I have always come through for you, I have never forsaken you, and have never stopped providing for everything you could every possibly need. Now, I have brought you to this place right now... its ok to cry, its ok to be unsure of your surroundings, because I've got you! I know the way home.. Dad loves you!

Landon and I keep asking ourselves: "What could be the reason God moved us here?" and we have found so many good reason to be grateful for our circumstances. God has surrounded us with loving, God fearing, generous, faith-filled people here. He is growing our hearts and expanding our walls of security. He is humbling us to the floor and is taking back all that the enemy has stolen. He is giving us the greatest gift.


As I wrote about in our last blog update- my security has always been found in provision and knowing where everything I need is going to come from. Well, my earthly security has been taken away to make way for the Lord- the King of all provision! Amen?!


Landon and I need to raise $10,000 for our mission trip to East Asia and we need to get at the very least $5,000 in by this weekend so we can reserve our plane tickets. We know this is a huge sum of money but God has ALL the money in the world and Landon and I are building our faith! We do believe God has something for us in East Asia- something He very much wants to have happen, so will you partner with us? Lets build His Kingdom in a land that He very much loves!

If you feel led to this link would be the fastest way to give:) Thank you!


https://apply.uofn.edu/OnlineAppDocs/OnlinePayment.cfm  


Signed,
A Warrior for the King

Bekah and Landon McCall

No comments:

Post a Comment