Monday, October 24, 2011

Hello friends! Its been too long... Quick update: Our team moved today! We had been staying in the Muslim Quarter at the Living Bread International Church housing place- which was such a blessing- $18 dollars a day and they fed us 3 meals a day 6 days a week. But, TODAY we moved into the Succat Hallel Prayer House housing apartments- one for the girls and one for the guys. Its $12 a day which is $3 under budget and such a jewel to find in Jerusalem. Its also in the Jewish Quarter which is cleaner and safer for us girls to walk around in by ourselves. So far our main outreach tactics have been relational and intercession- our main concern has been building relationships with people throughout our community as best we can and ministering to the heart of God. Once we have the Fathers heart for the day- it becomes so easy to love the people and hate the sin that holds them captive.

Our team has been so blessed so much by our Father! We grow closer together with every passing day. Believe it or not, there have been ZERO controversies between any of us. Not a single one. Our secret- have an unoffendable spirit and leaving no footstool for the devil to stand on. If one of us does something that the other doesn't like you can either assume they meant no harm and chose to keep a short account or address it one on one in love. It works! We laugh, tell each other secrets, and the best of all- we all have a huge crush on the same guy- Jesus:) I love the brothers and sisters my God gave to me to help me grow during my time in Jerusalem. Most of our conversations lately have been dedicated to finding out how we are going to incorporate ALL of our family rituals into Thanksgiving Day.

Just so you all know- merely being here has changed me forever, but more, God being here with me has made me new. He is showing me that He isn't mad or disappointed with me and that He welcomes me into the secret place as His Holy daughter. He beckons me with sweet secret names and dreams that only Him and I know. He has become my Lover, my Deliverer, my King, My Father, and my Best Friend. I nearly cried today during team time... I am at a loss... thinking back to how faithful He has been to me during this journey- He gave me EVERYTHING I needed, through friends like you, to come here! All I had to do was ask. Thank you for everything you all have done to get me here comfortably, thank you for prayers, thank you for caring, thank you for wanting to keep in touch with me during this journey.


I love and miss you all terribly.... please pray that I become more bold and confident in who I am in Jesus. I want only the fullness of what He has for me... and I cant have it unless I reach out and take it. Thank you!
A Warrior for the King,
Bekah

     Our new hood;)
 OLIVE PICKING!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment