Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Coffee and Karma

This week has been chuck full of choices for me. After thinking and talking to God about all of it, he showed me something... He showed me that when it gets down the the nitty gritty of choice making... all it really is deciding where and how to invest your time... This got me thinking about "time" itself...

Things I know about time:
-It doesn't exist in Heaven
-Time is energy (heard that enough "time"s <-- haha)
-It limits us as humans
-It is constant and you can't change it
-It is limited. we will all die.

What I have determined:
My time is a limited non-renewable resource that is ALL MINE (...at least, after I graduate High School.... then its ALL MINE...). My time is something that only I can control how I spend. My time is a precious gift that Jesus died for.

This all made me question how I want to spend this gift Jesus has given me... This limited gift... This non-renewable gift. I thought about how he would wish me to spend it. I thought about how He is spending it (even now as I write this)... loving me, guiding me, in constant conversation with me.

This morning I spent my gift at Starbucks with my dad. Together, we spent our gifts talking about our Father in Heaven and how he is going to work in my life this year. This conversation is what started my mind reeling on the subject of choices. I decided if I were to model my life on how Jesus spent his gift of time (you know, instead of searching for ways to gratify myself), the choices I make in this life just might have a better outcome and I could send God a gift; my time spent for His glory. I acted on this concept this week. I have never felt the pride of my God on my life as much as I did in that moment and throughout the rest of the night. A rush of joy, pride, and royalty streamed over me and I knew I had pleased my King with my life, with my gift. Putting my own pride aside, putting my own wants aside, investing my gift in another person... Sound familiar? My Jesus did that. My Dad did that. My King did that. And when I did that, I was living in the image of my Father... and he was pleased with me.

I am praying that you all may receive the same gift, if not more, that I received this week!
A Warrior for the King,
Bekah Mezera

No comments:

Post a Comment