Friday, April 22, 2011

Guard the Gates!

I feel a generation rising up, dawning in this land, where Christ following beliefs and traditions are being covered up, defiled, and forgotten... turned into nothing but futile days to celebrate creation rather than the Creator. The Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, "Earth day..." examples of this God given land being pillaged and filled with little pagan gods in return. I have always enjoyed going out into the backyard easter morning and picking up eggs, opening presents brought down the chimney by a man in a red coat. I have also been a fan of recycling, being energy efficient, planting trees, and have always supported eco friendly organizations to "be a good steward of the earth" (Psalm 115). However, these things have never labeled me or been a source of worship, it is not what my heart is praising...

My call to you, my friends, is to guard the gates of your heart and mind. Let nothing take hold of them. For where this earth infests you, the Holy Spirit cannot reside. He is not of this world, he is Holy. He humbles Himself and enters your temple, do not let it be filled with idols or let your soul forget the One who created it.

On this day, "earth day" as the world calls it, RISE UP! Praise the One who holds this day! Even in death, He conquered evil. He wears the keys of death around His neck, taunting the one who used to hold them. This day, my brothers, is worthy of PRAISE! This day, my sisters, is worthy of REMEMBRANCE! ...How can I keep from weeping at the thought of his suffering and power being defiled and forgotten- replaced with the joy of children being found in pretend tales... and the celebration of his people turned towards the earth. Do not let your hearts go astray... do not let his name become a disgrace to utter. SHOUT IT OUT! LET IT LABEL YOU!
"YES! I AM A FOLLOWER OF JESUS! YES! I AM A DAUGHTER OF THE KING! YES, I AM A CHURCH ATTENDING, LOVER OF HIS NAME! AND I AM NOT ASHAMED OF IT! I WILL NOT BE QUITE! I WILL SHOUT UNTIL THE WHOLE WORLD HEARS!"

Be encouraged my friends! Jesus lives! HE LIVES HE LIVES HE LIVES!!! Celebrate with the fatted calf, bring out your best wine! Share in His Victory! Praise him in this hour!
A Warrior for the King,
Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment