Wednesday, August 31, 2011

24 hours

The wooing, clever, forever steadfast heart of God. The romantic, savior, devoted husband heart of Jesus. And, the best friend, constant, and faithful heart of the Holy Spirit. Hearing the God Story has changed my entire outlook on the Trinity. What is the God Story? Its basically the Bible told in a time line story from God's perspective. Why hasn't the church told me ANY of this before?! That I'm not supposed to feel guilt- not if I'm saved! And why haven't they spent more time telling us that its not striving and works that save us? I have spent years trying to please God with my actions. Why haven't I been told before about how much of a romantic God I truly have? HE IS SO TRULY IN LOVE WITH ME!

There was one point during the week when our speaker, Adam Cox, got down on his knees to reenact what God must have been feeling in Malachi when He went silent for 400 years. I don't remember what exactly was happening- or why He was on his knees- because I was just so taken and overwhelmed at the image of GOD, on His knees, in ernest yearning for the hearts of His people to turn back on Him. How could I ever deny my love to a God who woos me? Did you know that God woos you! I wish I had known! Thank you God for sending me to this place! To YWAM!

After my new revelations of God I had to spend every free waking hour returning my love to Him. I began to write Him poetry- just confirming who He is, how beautiful He is, and how worthy He is! After I spent time doing that- God ALWAYS wanted to reciprocate to me who I am, how beautiful I am, and how worthy I am. What kind of a God is THIS! That He sees us worthy?! Thank you JESUS! for making us worthy!

In 24 hours I will need $2,000 dollars in order to go on missions. All I can say is- My God! Your will be done! You know what I need. You know what is GOOD! Your will be done and I will trust you every step of the way! You have said that I will go- so I trust you! Even if it gets down to the last minute before I step onto the plane- I will trust you to bring in all the money I need!

Thank you God! I LOVE YOU, MY TRUE AND EVERLASTING FRIEND!
May you too awaken your soul to the wooing heart of GOD!
A Warrior for the King,
Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment