Monday, July 25, 2011

Acceptance

I have come to accept the fact that my God is not a tame lion- He is an offensive God- He is a loving God- but also an offensive God. He sent His son down to earth to break the bonds of religion and to offer the world a spiritual way of living life with Him. He challenges us, he molds us, and he gives us the choice to keep following Him. He wants communion with us so much! I feel bad for the Israelites in Exodus- having to carry the temple around the desert for 40 years just so that the presence of God could be amongst them- while we have the Spirit of God inside of us every single moment of everyday!

My Jesus offended a whole crowed of people (in John 6) and yet, Peter stayed with Him- though He was offended at the thought of cannibalism- He knew Jesus was truth, Jesus was life, and there was nowhere else he could go to get the same fulfillment. I want to be offended by God everyday of my life! You know why? Because that means that He is teaching me and rearranging me everyday. He is challenging my thought process and molding me into a daughter worthy of His Kingdom. I know this may be a confusing or "hard to process" post, but I have leaned to not put my God in a box and to filter what I hear in the classroom through the Holy Spirit inside of me. People who are offended by the gift of tongues- ask yourself.... is there any bad fruit that emerges from Jesus following believers who speak it? No. There isn't, is there? Look at the fruit before you judge the tree.

Something to think about:) I love you guys! There is much more to come this week. Our class has the ultimate privilege of having the one and only Loren Cunningham teaching us in an intimate classroom everyday this week! As well as his wife Darlene! Good stuff!

Be challenged in the Spirit my friends! Its a good place to be!
A Warrior for the King,
Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment