Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Identity

Today, I spent most of my time in the classroom. We had a 3 hour group session then an hour with just the girls. The idea of possessing a genuine and true identity in the Lord was really hitting me over the head throughout all of the meetings.

I left home with an idea of how I wanted my relationship with God to progress and what I wanted the end result to look like. Today, the staff members whacked me over the head... God knows how He wants to progress with me, He alone knows how to please me... So, I have to let go and just let the flow of His presence direct me and love on me... Its different for sure, I love being in control when I am at home... but here.... i don't want to have control... at least for right now, i'm fine with being set free from the bondage of my own will and strength. I don't know how I will feel in the weeks and days to come or what struggles I will face within myself- but today- I feel free. 

I want my identity to shine, and through that, I want people to feel a presence exerting from me that is not my own when they are around me. For this, I have to give all of me until all that is left of me is God- then we can flow in an endless cycle of me giving myself to him and Him giving Himself to me until we are so perfectly united in a holy marriage. He is already giving and giving- I just have to reciprocate. I have come to find that this life is all about me reciprocating to Him... He is constantly present, its me that isn't.  

Today was so encouraging. The woman I talked about in my "first day" entry... the one who prayed with me over my homesickness... She told me she felt God give her a couple of girls to keep up with- draw near to- and pray special things over. She said that from day one I was one of those few girls. She said she sees much in me and wants to be there to support me. It makes me feel beautiful and precious to the Kingdom:) 

May you find identity solely based in His presence! 
A Warrior for the King,
Bekah

1 comment:

  1. You are on your way. Surrender is really ok. Missing you

    ReplyDelete