Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Pottery Maker

Darlene Cunningham spoke to our class today. She spoke on gifts and our specific parts to play in the Kingdom of God.

Lets face it girls (and guys, but especially girls) we can identify with the act of comparison. When we see other girls walking around with all the cute guys, wearing all the cute clothes, with the cute hair, with the cute sense of humor, and so on and so forth... we become jealous, right? We decide that if we could just change to be like them (if not better) we will feel better about ourselves. I still struggle with that voice in my head saying, "if you just had that laugh," or "If your legs could be just as perfect as hers," or "if I could just have THAT talent" my life would be better and I would be so happy! I, as much as the other person, want to discover who I am in the Kingdom of God! I have just felt like my part is so small- like I don't have much to give- what makes me so much more special than the person next to me who can do all the things that I am not so good at?

Darlene shared with us a vision she had when she was asking all the same questions I have been asking.
Imagine you are a clay pot- and the Pottery Maker has stamped you with His own stamp of completion.... then, after being with all the other pots you come back to the Maker, wave your fist at Him and say "You made me WRONG! You didn't know what YOU were DOING when you made ME!" The Pottery Maker looks down at you sad... Because He knows He has made you for a specific purpose- He has stamped you with His thumbprint and hard craftsmanship... He sees you lovely and perfect, but you just can't see it because you are too busy desiring what He has created other people or pots to be.

I don't want to wave my fist at God telling Him He messed up when He made me! If He has then He is not a perfect God, so that would mean that everything I have ever believed about Him- all my life- and everything the Bible says He is has been a lie. I don't want to wave my fist at Him! It makes Him sad. I don't want to be the cause of making my God sad. I want Him happy and smiling over me with Joy and thanksgiving! I may not know everything about what I am designed to be, but I know following Him will lead me to the right place and it will keep me in the right direction. Its so AMAZING for me to think God smiled at the completion of my perfection 19 years and 9 months ago when he set me in my mothers stomach. I love Him so much for His perfection. I love Him so much for His Love and smiles over ME!

Be blessed my brothers and sisters! Be your best at what He has designed you to be! He will bless you in the process and smile over you in admiration of His own perfection in and over you!
A Warrior for the King,
Bekah

2 comments:

  1. wow Bekah! i love this & i've struggled with this. thanks for sharing & I may have to share as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! YAY! Thanks for the encouragement Sarah:)

    ReplyDelete