Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Riding on Passion

My friends Sam and Michelle have kitchen duty with me on weekends (along with around 7 or 8 other people) but us three received the GREAT honor of being in charge of dishwashing! (it really is an honor, its WAY better than all the other jobs). Anyways, we became bored so Sam decided to play a game:)

You have 5 animals with you in a desert: lamb, lion, horse, cow, and a monkey. But, you only have enough water to feed 4... which one do you leave behind? And it goes on and on until you are left with only one that you can take with you into the city. I played the game logically... a monkey is useless in a desert, so I left it first. Then I got scared that the lion might eat me.... so I left that behind next. I would have kept the cow... but it would take up a lot of water and Sam didn't say wether or not it was producing milk so I left it behind after the lion. Then it came down to the horse and the lamb..... I had to choose which one I would leave behind wandering in the desert even though we were so close to the city.... I decided I didn't want to walk so I left the lamb behind... but, I felt REALLY bad about it!    

After we had chosen what we would leave behind Sam told us what each animal represented-
Monkey: Friends
Lion: Pride
Cow: Either Education... or knowledge.... I cant remember. 
Lamb: My Children
Horse: Passion

It was fun game! But, I had learned something about myself in the process... I want to put my passion for Jesus before my own Children. I want to put my passion for knowing God before any earthly knowledge. I want to put passion for the Holy Spirit before my own pride. If I had to, I would wander the desert putting passion for Jesus before everything! 

Why would I put passion for this God before everything? What did He do that is worthy of my passion? ...We all know the answer to that question, but do we understand and feel it in our hearts? I love my God's humility! I love my God's Love for me! (<-- I could spend hours describing the Love of my God). I love the way He comes to me- He brings nothing but Peace and Mercy! I love when I can feel his eyes on me... He calls me lovely! I love the way He provides for me! I love the friends He sends me! HE IS SO GOOD! Ask yourself why you FEEL your God is good? 

I have asked myself if I know who I am.... I am LOVED, thats who I am. I am chosen, thats who I am! I am my God's sweet, quiet, beautiful, crazy in love daughter! THATS WHO I AM! Take joy in who He sees when He looks at you! It is not with disappointing eyes and a solemn face that He looks on you with! HE SEES YOU LOVELY! He sees you CLEAN AND PURE! THIS TRUTH, my friends, is something to CELEBRATE!  

Celebrate WHO you are and HOW He sees you with this day! 
A Warrior for the King,
Bekah 

No comments:

Post a Comment