Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day Three

It has become easier to cope with the fact I am here without my family. I still feel sick to my stomach at the the thought that they are all together and I'm not there, but then I remember that they have to go back to school and work, and all my friends are going away as well. There is a 5 hour time difference... I am the type that wants to sleep at 9 on the dot... so 5:00 here is exhausting. I feel bad that all I want to do is sit and pray while everyone is going crazy at worship, but God meets me just the same I think:)

I have made new friends here! Everyone is just so nice and funny. I can be at peace and ease when I am active. Kitchen duty was really fun this morning:) I have to be back to set up dinner at 3... but that is 4 hours from now. I have a lot more free time then I thought I would have. Its nice... though, when I am alone in my room I think about home... it hurts so much. Alexandra is from Mexico and she is in the same boat as me. She is the oldest in her family and this is her first time being away from home by herself too. We both sat in our room and cried as we Skyped our family's yesterday. Its nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way. We both think the worst of the homesickness will pass within a few weeks...

I feel the peace of God everywhere I go. He wants me so badly, I just don't know what I have to do to give all of myself to Him. I want Him to speak to me... I feel like I am always giving a one way conversation. Though I feel His presence, I need to hear what He is thinking and what He wants to tell me. He has spoken to me through so many people already... but I need to hear His voice.

Your prayers are working! I have felt nothing but peace and acceptance here:) Thank you for your kind words and thoughts! I need them so much:)

A Warrior for the King,
Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment