Saturday, July 16, 2011

Your People Shall Be My People

I found out what team I am on for outreach in September!!! Its not allowed to be posted on the internet because its illegal to share Jesus there... but I'll give easy hints throughout this post so my supporters can know:)

About 4 months ago I was sitting in my room listening to "Skeleton Bones" by John Mark McMillan and I just felt God. He told me to get down on my knees and start praying that song over Jerusalem. As I did this I got a vision of me and a mission team praying and singing this song over the walls entering the city. It was a metaphor- We were really singing this song over the hearts of God's chosen people- begging them to open up the gates of their hearts and accept Jesus as their Messiah. It was so good! But I just took it as something God wanted to do in the future... and not through me anytime soon.

On my 2nd day here, my leaders gave me a folder with directions on how to read through the whole Bible in 180 days... I thought, yeahhhhhh I could never do that. I went to go do my quiet time in Romans when God asked me... why don't you read through the whole Bible? and I said... I don't know... I guess I could take a go at it? My Dad does a Bible study with us kids every thursday morning and we just finished going through Genesis so I moved on to Exodus. It starts off describing, after Jacob and Joseph died, how the Israelites got put into captivity under Pharaoh. It goes on to show God's heart for the people of Israel and just how much He wanted them ALL to know Him- and it goes into a lot of detail of how he used Aaron and Moses to accomplish all this.

I came here, to YWAM, with the intention of going to India for the outreach portion of the DTS, but... I knew it was just me, it wasn't God's plan... so the night before the leaders were going to give us the outreach locations I said to God, "God, you know where you want me, you need to give me some kind of jump in my Spirit when they name off the place you want me to go so I know what you want instead of what I want... cause, if I don't feel anything I guess ill just put India as my first choice and You can take it from there."
Well, God came through, and let me tell you... India wasn't even an outreach option:) haha! God is GOOD!

When I was getting all the money situations together before I left home I felt God tell me to ask Him for $5,000 for my outreach. All I left home with was enough money to pay for the 3 month on campus training. When I sat down with my team for the first time yesterday they asked if we had any questions- and I asked how much this particular outreach would cost and they said..... $5,000. Then they asked how much I need to raise....... and I said..... "all of it?" haha!
My friend Michelle is going with me- to this "Promised Land";) and as she was talking to her dad in Switzerland last night she felt God tell her to ask her dad if he would be willing to give me any money.... so she did, not sure of what he would say... but......... Michelle's father is sending ME $1,000 dollars. ONE THOUSAND! I can totally feel GOD'S MIGHTY HAND on me and on what He wants me to accomplish in these next 5 months.

The team is praying, I am praying, my family is praying, and now I'm asking you to pray and ask God for the $5,000 I need by August 4th. THANK YOU everyone!
A Warrior for the King,
Bekah Mezera

No comments:

Post a Comment